Sunday, June 11, 2017

Pioneer Woman: Turkey Tetrazzini

For my May recipe from Pioneer Woman's "A Year of Holidays" cookbook, I had planned to do an entire meal for Cinco De Mayo --Beef or Chicken Fajitas, Zesty Lime Rice, and Dulce De Leche Brownies. BUT....life was too crazy and I would be cooking for one, so I scrapped that idea until another less busy, more people in the house time. The recipes just sound so yummy I have to try! 

*Side note: I fixed a basic taco kit instead for my Cinco De Mayo meal...LOL. 

So, May almost got away from me, but I searched through the cook book for something I could whip up and at least not skip a month of the year of monthly meal posting. I had left-overs from the rehearsal dinner/wedding reception, so I did Turkey Tetrazzini! In my opinion, it was just okay, not the best PW recipe I've ever made, but okay. 


TURKEY TETRAZZINI

{Step By Step Recipe Link HERE}

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1-1/2 pound Thin Spaghetti, Broken In Half (I used a bag of frozen already-cooked spaghetti)
  • 4 Tablespoons Butter
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 1 pound White Mushrooms, Quartered (I used jar-drained)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 cup White Wine (I used chicken broth)
  • 1/3 cup Flour
  • 4 cups Turkey (or Chicken) Broth
  • 1 block 8 Ounce Cream Cheese
  • 3 cups Cooked (leftover) Turkey, Shredded Or Diced
  • 1 cup Finely Chopped Black Olives (I omitted)
  • 1-1/2 cup Frozen Green Peas
  • 4 slices Bacon, Fried And Cut Into Bits
  • 1 cup Grated Monterey Jack Cheese (I used cheddar)
  • 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • Extra Broth For Thinning
  • 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs (I used regular bread crumbs)


January Recipe {LINK}
February Recipe {LINK} {LINK}
March Recipe {LINK}{LINK}
April Recipe {LINK}
May Recipe {LINK}

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...