Sunday, June 18, 2017

Home Chef Review: Shrimp Scampi

Well, I'm trying yet another subscription meal box! This time it's HOME CHEF. I used a $30 off your first shipment code and got 6 meals for $29.99. It came last Thursday, but I've been busy with work and hostessing and then went away for the weekend, so didn't get to try the first one until today.

MEAL #1 - SHRIMP SCAMPI & CHEDDAR BISCUITS

The first meal didn't disappoint!!! It was soooooo easy to make, it literally took minutes, and it was sooooo delicious!! This actually tasted very similar to my alfredo recipe, and was creamy like alfredo. I consider scampi more buttery than creamy, but hey, who's complaining, scampi...alfredo....whatever you want to call it...it was just pure YUMMINESS!! The cheddar biscuits reminded me of  the ones at Red Lobster but not as garlicky. Each serving was more than enough to fill me up, I had a big bowl full today, and have left overs packed away for tomorrow's dinner.You are off to a great start Home Chef!!!



INGREDENTS:
5 oz. buttermilk biscuit mix
2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
2 cloves garlic
1/4 oz. parsley
1 lemon
8 oz. shrimp
6 oz. linguine
2 oz. white cooking wine
4 oz. whipping cream
3 T. butter
red pepper flakes

COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: HERE

Can't wait to try Meal #2!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...