Saturday, February 25, 2017

Pioner Woman: Asparagus w/ Dill Hollandaise


Asparagus w/ Dill Hollandaise


4 bundles of asparagus -ends trimmed (I only used 2)
2 sticks butter
4 egg yolks 
juice of 2 lemons
4 dill sprigs - minced (plus more whole sprigs for garnish)
1 tsp. salt



  1. Steam asparagus until bright green. Remove from pot and set aside on a platter.
  2. To make hollandaise, melt butter in a saucepan until very hot and sizzling.
  3. Add egg yolks to blender.
  4. Next, add the juice from 2 lemons.
  5. With blender on, slowly drizzle the hot butter into the blender with the yolks. It'll start to thicken right away.
  6. Next, add the minced dill and salt and mix it again until combined.
  7. Drizzle it all over the top of the asparagus.
  8. Garnish the top with extra dill. 




my review: I have been wanting to try making hollandaise sauce forever. I have the recipe marked in my Julia Child cookbook, but it just looked so intimidating! When I saw it in my PW cookbook for March, I knew I wanted to give it a try! It was super easy and soooo delicious! I wonder now why I've waited so long to give hollandaise sauce a try! It was the perfect compliment to the steamed asparagus! I will definitely make this again! :O)

side note: I thought it was funny when I plated my dinner......Peter cooked deer steaks on the grill and I made a fancy, hollandaise sauce w/asparagus....now that's what you call pairing redneck with classy! :O) :O) :O) Obviously, I'm no chef, but it sure does taste good!!! :O)


January Recipe {LINK}
February Recipe {LINK} {LINK}

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...