Wednesday, June 21, 2017

~hello summer~

I finally found a cool(er), free morning to do a little work on the patio. It was a MESS! I've been trying to get to it all spring and now that it's officially summer and the fourth of July is right around the corner, I knew I had to get out there and make it look pretty! I want more plants and a rug, and some lights, but for now, at least it's weed free and prettier than it has been all year.








and a few more pics.....

Peter wasn't thrilled that I put up the umbrella, as he thinks it might scare away the martins he has finally gotten to nest!! Well, they don't care a bit for it (thank goodness!!!).



a few black berries on my neighbor's fence....(I hope this isn't the extent of my berry picking this summer). 


What drew me outside were these beautiful monarch butterflies 
swarming my neighbor's many butterfly bushes! Isn't June early to be seeing these?


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...