Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

This was the year of new traditions. For the past 48 years, I've spent Thanksgiving with my family at home, but this year, we spent it in MD with Logan, Lindsey, & her family.



While I was sad that I wouldn't be carrying on my usual tradition again this year with Nathan, my parents, sister, nephew, and other family members, I was happy to spend it with Logan and his new family-to-be. Lindsey's brother and SIL, Robbie and Angela, could not have been more gracious hosts, and made us feel welcome immediately. They have the most gorgeous home, and the sweetest family.


Angela, Kate, Zach, & Robbie
Angela made the most delicious dinner....
I brought Asparagus Bundles and a jello salad to add to her huge spread.



pumpkin or pecan?????


Kate loves her "Uncle Lo". When she wasn't with her Mommy, she was hanging out with Logan. :O)



Lindsey & her friend Danielle (her maid of honor)

I brought the kids sticker books...they were a hit!!


 


After dinner: football, dessert, and looking through Angela's scrapbooks.







Their house is huge....and gorgeous.....& spotless!! :O) Angela is super organized, but their home is very comfy & lived in, very home-y!







LOL....this picture makes me smile. :O)

What a great day!
----------------------------------------------------------------

On Wednesday, we met up with Nathan as he was headed home after getting off the boat. We were sad that he wasn't coming to Logan's for dinner, but he wanted to be home for Thanksgiving. After saying goodbye to Nathan, we had lunch at Quiznos, then did a little Christmas shopping. I ended up getting some great deals. Peter bought an early Christmas present.....

We waited for Lindsey to get off work, then Logan finally got home from work around 5:30. Lindsey and I made dinner and we all just sat around and got caught up. 
Peter and I got up early on Thanksgiving morning, cooked breakfast and watched the parade.

We headed over to Robbie and Angela's around 1:30 and didn't get home until 8:00!!
On Friday morning, we said goodbye to Lindsey early {she wanted to do some Black Friday shopping}. We went to Lowe's to get a tree, and to look at a few more things for the re-do. then we headed home. We were a little sad saying goodbye to Logan. It is so nice when we get a chance to spend a little time with him.
When we got back, we had dinner at Mom and Dad's with Julie, Derek, Nathan, & Kayla. We were a day late, but I was thankful to get together with them {and get to enjoy some of Mom's cooking....there is nothing like her dressing!!} :O)
 I am very thankful for my family!
I am so blessed!!  




 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...