Sunday, April 28, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge: Weekend Catch-Up

Last week was C-R-A-Z-Y!!! On Monday morning, I started getting the b&b ready for the new season. I had some great help though, Beth & Katie, so it made the hard work a little more fun. We got quite a bit done last week and should finish up by Wednesday....we better finish, because I have my first guests on Thursday! Everything is looking so good. I am saving the new room for last {since the carpenter and painter have a day or two of work left!} So, this and everyday life stuff like dinner, laundry, and staying on top of things here at home would have been enough, but throw in prom decorating on top of it all = 1 crazy, busy week!
A few other highlights:

Nathan finally got his ipad.....he loves it! :O)

I've been working in the yard quite a bit. I am almost finished, just need to add a few more marble chips and then I'll get some pictures.

Yesterday, Peter and I went to MD for the day. I had some shopping to do for the b&b and we wanted to stop by and visit Logan & Lindsey for a little while. It was a gorgeous day! We did a little shopping in Lowes and Walmart, then a quick trip to the mall to get lunch and a pair of shoes for work for Peter. Then, we spent a few hours catching up with Logan & Lindsey. Logan and Peter tried out his new mower while Lindsey and I talked weddings! They have narrowed it down to May 2014, now we just need a date! :O) Lindsey's mom had made an eclair cake {a belated b-day cake for me!}. It was sooooo good! I looked it up on Pinterest......I will be making this for sure this summer!


We had a nice visit and hated to have to say goodbye. I'm not sure when we'll see them again. Logan will be away at work {in the Gulf} and can't get home for Nathan's graduation. They both are sad about that. Lindsey is going to try to make it if she can.
We got home around 5 p.m., and after putting some of our stuff away, I went to visit my friend, Wanda. She had back surgery earlier this week, but is recovering nicely. I hadn't planned to stay so long, but 2 hours had passed before I knew it. It was so good to just sit and talk and get somewhat caught up. She has been my friend since we were pregnant with Logan and Whitney....all the way back to 1988!! :O) Even though we don't see each other as often as we should, I know she is just an email away {that is what we resort to most of the time just to stay in touch}. We promised not to wait so long to get together again. It's a shame it takes sickness or a death in our family to get together....life is much too short not to make time for friends! Wanda reads my blog, so she pretty much knows/sees all the things I have going on, so I keep encouraging her {and mom, and a few other friends}, to start a blog of their own....it would be so much fun to follow your blogs! ;O) ;O)
I picked up both of us a Boston Fern, but I am wondering if I am going to be able to keep it alive. I know Wanda will, she has a very green thumb, unlike me! But they are so pretty, I've been wanting a fern for a long time. I bought it inside until I can read up on their care.

Peter grilled today. We had the best steaks w/onions and mushrooms, and one of my favorite non-homemade sides...


I think our washer died......uh oh! It is only 6 years old! Now to decide on whether to have it looked at or just suck it up and buy a new one....

I'm not sure if we'll get another front load or go with an HE upright.....I'll call Sears tomorrow-hope it's good news...

On my to-do list: find something for the three of us to wear to Senior Dinner, and graduation, start writing invitations, decorate for prom {which is Friday!!!}, finish at the b&b and start the season......looks like another very busy week!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...