Monday, July 30, 2012

this dinner is a winner!

We have a winner!! I mentioned in my previous post about wanting to try a new slow cooker recipe. A pin on Pinterest led me to an awesome blog that I'm now following. The recipe is not only super easy to whip up, but super yummy as well! It was a huge hit with my family!
Slow Cooker Ham & Potato Casserole

Ingredients:
1 (30 oz) package frozen hash brown potatoes, cubed or shredded
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 (8 oz) container sour cream
1 (10.75 oz) can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 cups cooked chopped ham (ham leftovers are perfect for this recipe!)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 (6 oz) package, herb-seasoned stuffing mix

Directions:
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Combine hash browns, dried onion, salt, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, cheese, and ham and place in slow cooker. Sprinkle stuffing mix over top, then drizzle melted butter over stuffing. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high 2-4 hours.

I fully intended to get some pictures of the finished dish......but the guys seemed to be starving and it didn't stay on their plates long enough to photograph! I also took dinner to my MIL, and shared the rest with Mom & Dad.
source: blog: Six Sisters' Stuff

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...