Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of July / Summer Mantel

Summer Mantel
My mantel has looked a bit boring for awhile now....I thought it was about time to decorate it for summer and I added a little patriotic touch for the 4th of July. I've been looking for inspiration on Pinterest and I saw one idea in particular that took my eye. I saw this picture and then checked out the blog which I now follow. I had already printed out the same printable that Emily had used, and I had an old window that my sister had just bought for me from a recent yard sale, but what really sold me was the driftwood sailboat Emily had displayed on her mantel. My Dad had just made some of these a few weeks ago for Mom, and had given me one too! Perfect inspiration!! I just love how my copy-cat mantel turned out!
Framed Printable
Dad made the driftwood sailboat...love it!
Stars & Stripes banner {source: http://www.supermommoments.com }

Week 24: 52 photos/52 weeks
RED

1 comment:

beagleAnnie said...

Hi Susan
Your mantel looks so cool! I love the ship the best.

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY đź—“️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...