Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cream Cheese Pancakes {Low Carb}

Day 12 doing the Atkins diet! I'm still motivated to keep going and have officially broken my record of sticking with a diet for this long! :O)...{yes, 12 days is a long time for me!} I'll weigh in again tomorrow morning, but as of yesterday morning I've lost 8 lbs so far. I'm still satisfied with the food choices and amount of food, but I will admit that I have gotten a bit bored with breakfast. Breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day. Normally, I rarely eat breakfast, except for the occasional bowl of cereal or toast w/ cheese, but with this diet, it's best not to skip a meal. I have actually grown tired of eggs.....and bacon, so I was thrilled when I stumbled upon a low carb recipe for pancakes on Pinterest. I investigated further and discovered an awesome blog with some awesome recipes that I can hardly wait to try. I'm sharing the recipe for Cream Cheese Pancakes with full credit to Mellissa at "I Breathe... I'm Hungry". They actually were more like crepes, but they were delish!!!





CREAM CHEESE PANCAKES

For four 6-inch pancakes

Ingredients:
  • 2 oz cream cheese
  • 2 eggs
  •  2 packets Splenda {her recipe calls for 1 packet  stevia sweetener, but I didn't have any}
  •  dash cinnamon
I put all ingredients in my food processor and blended until smooth. Let rest for a minute so the bubbles can settle. Pour 1/4 of the batter into a hot pan greased with butter. Cook until golden, flip and cook on the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter. I topped with whipped cream and blueberries. You could also top with sugar-free syrup.

Peter decided to give them a try, so I ended up making a second batch......
If you are looking for a good low carb breakfast recipe, you must give these a try!

This week's word for 52 photos/52 weeks was FLAT.......how perfect! I'm linking up this post to share my photo for the week.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...