Wednesday, May 9, 2018

[decluttering]


Decluttering....I love it! It's always a constant work in progress, but it seriously makes me happy when I get rid of things that are cluttering our home! It makes me even happier that things have a designated space and I know where everything is. And it really makes me happy if all that extra "stuff" finds a new home and I make a little extra cash from selling it. I've been selling on Mercari (if you haven't been shopping or selling on Mercari, you need to go check it out!) I also started a Facebook page a few weeks ago, strictly as an ongoing online yard sale, and have been putting items up for sale and I've gotten rid of a few nicer things that I really wasn't using or needing. 

We just have wayyyyyy too much stuff.

Speaking of too much stuff........
I cleaned out Peter's dresser and it was ridiculous! 

He had 8 pairs of the same jeans....and 60 shirts + 16 white t-shirts, not to mention dress shirts hanging in the closet, as well as sweatshirts, oh and work shirts he takes to work, and athletic pants and shorts.....way way too much stuff!! So, I threw away, donated, and put away what was staying. I started using the KonMari 
method for folding clothes in the dresser a couple of years ago and he loves it. Instead of always grabbing the shirt on top, he gets to see them all at a glance. Plus I think more will fit in a drawer if stacked on their sides. 
Much better!

Marie Kondo developed the KonMari method which is widely regarded as a new approach to decluttering based on Japanese values in order to surround yourself with things that bring you JOY!

So, I'll keep it, decluttering a space at a time....tossing, donating, selling, and organizing the things that we actually use and bring us joy! 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...