Saturday, July 30, 2011

A taste of summer~Key Lime Pie

Relax & Surf Sunday
I bought a cookbook while in WDW in February that is full of some wonderful dishes served at the park & resort restaurants. I tried one of the recipes today and it was d-e-l-i-s-h!!! The recipe is for Key Lime Pie , served at Olivia's at the Old Key West Resort. We've never been to the OKW, so we haven't dined at Olivia's as of yet. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to eat there on one of our future trips. The resort looks awesome and the food sounds wonderful. I've heard great things about the Key Lime Pie, but in the meantime, I did the next best thing and copied it here at home.
Key Lime Pie
5 egg yolks
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup lime juice
1 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust (I made my own)

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Gently whisk egg yolks together in a bowl; do not let foam. Stirring constantly, slowly blend in condensed milk and lime juice.
3. Pour the mixture into prepared crust and bake for 12-15 minutes or until set.
4. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Chill.
5. Serve chilled; cut into wedges. Serve with whipped cream.
Yield: 8 servings





(I had taken a bite before getting a picture)

1 comment:

StylishHeather said...

Makes me want to go back to WDW right now!
Following you from the relax & surf blog hop :)

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...