Thursday, December 21, 2017

The Good Stuff


We went Christmas shopping on Wednesday, and then spent the night with L, L, & K and took their gifts. It was crew change day for Logan...yaaaaa!! just in time for Christmas!!! 

Kamry was so excited so excited to see me!! It melts my heart how sweet and loving she is towards me! They opened up their Christmas Eve boxes and Kamry's reaction was the sweetest!! 
She was so excited!!! 



They are saving their gifts for Christmas, but we opened our gifts from them. Peter asked for $$ from everyone this year, but I got some great gifts!! I'll share later!

As usual, I was the early riser and had a few hours of quiet time before the rest of house started stirring. Kamry is a sleeper and didn't get up until 10 o'clock! (although they had a rough night with her coughing)!! 
love-love-love my new devotional (from my wish-list)!!! 

When Peter got up, he put together Kamry's table & chairs. Lindsey told us to give them to her that morning, and she loved them! 

Color: Petal Pink
A little later, Sissy and Derek stopped by with gifts so we got to see them before we had to go to the boat.
A Minnie phone! <3
sometimes the box is more fun!!

LOVE!!!! <3

side note: Derek, for the most part, is perfectly happy when he doesn't have to be part of all the hustle and bustle and mixing and mingling. He's not one for making a big deal over things, and sometimes (well, a lot of the time) he much prefers being in his own little content and comfy world. That is a classic trait of someone with autism. Showing affection or attention to others is not second nature to him, so when Derek pulls me aside and wants to tell me something in private, I jump! 

Every year, he chooses 3 people to buy a Christmas gift for. There is no rhyme or reason to his choices each year, but count yourself one of the chosen if you make his list! He just isn't the gushy, lovey type, so if he picks you, you are something special! This year he chose the three little ones in his family: Kamry, Rowen, and Jasele. He also always buys a gift for his Mom, Nana, and Pop...his world in a nutshell!! :O) 

Anyway, when he stopped by to bring Kamry's gift, I was there, and that's when he called me aside for this private convo...

Derek: "Let me tell you what I bought everyone for Christmas (he buys what HE wants, never asks for ideas or input)....I got Kamry a Minnie Mouse Phone, Rowen a puppet, and Jasele a {toy}. I bought Nana cookie sheets, and Pop fishing supplies. 

Me: "Derek, they are great gifts!"

Derek: "yea, I know, but wait until you hear what I bought Mom"..."I got her a necklace"

Me: "Oh Wow!"

Derek: "It's the "good stuff".

Me: ....before I could respond 

he said (while rubbing his fingers together)....

"No, I mean it's THE GOOD STUFF"

And that right there is what it's all about. 

I know his Mom LOVED his special gift, filled with much thought and love (oh, and money LOL).

No automatic alt text available.

It may be another 6 months before he pulls me aside again and shares something with me, but those few minutes alone with him telling me about his special Christmas gifts meant more to me than any amount of gifts under the tree! Moments like these are definitely what it's really all about....moments like these are the good stuff!



Truth Time - The Secret to Having It All Is Believing You Already Do.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...