Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book: October 2014

October 2014

Outside my window....

A change in temperature today....a chilly, FALL day! <3

I am thinking....

about the upcoming holidays. Halloween is less than two weeks away and I don't even have a pumpkin on my front step! I am so out of sorts this year, and other than my chalkboard and a few pumpkins in the kitchen, you wouldn't even know it was Fall at our house. Thanksgiving is up in the air right now, but I may be hosting it here this year. Logan will be going back to work on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Nathan will get home. We'll see what everyone's plans are.  I have, however, started thinking about Christmas. I plan to do things a little different this year (more on this later)......SIMPLIFY & ENJOY!!
Instead of physical items, here are ideas for experiences that can serve as gifts for Christmas, birthdays and milestones throughout the year.

I am thankful....

that Mom is recovering well! I can see a difference every day. She has been in some pain and isn't sleeping very well, but overall, she is really doing good and is walking straighter and with more momentum. I am so proud of her (but never doubted she would push herself to get back to normal again). :O)

In the kitchen....

Peter is fixing fried chicken for dinner today! Yum! I'll make some macaroni salad to go with it.

 
I am wearing....

Jeans and a Bears tee....GO BEARS!!

 
I am looking forward to....

...getting into a "normal" routine again. Now that I'm finished with work, I had hoped to get into a daily routine: organizing, cleaning, working on a few projects, blogging, cooking, doing some fun things with the family, maybe even occasionally take a nap! In the real world, my MIL broke her foot and requires quite a bit of care. Just need to figure out how to balance it all out. 

 
Around the house....

I started a little fall cleaning in our bedroom last week. I managed to clean out Peter's dresser and wash all the bedding. I love our bedroom, especially the bedding! 

 
Favorite quote of the day....


One of my favorite things....

stopping by Dockside......even if it is just for a few minutes!

On Friday, we stopped by to see Logan on our way back home from Salisbury.



 

Lindsey was working, but got home a few minutes before we had to leave. It's always good to see them, even if it's just to sit and talk (or open oysters) or just to get a hug!- xoxo


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...