Saturday, October 25, 2014
saturday nine: moon river
Saturday 9: Moon River (1962)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is featured in a Dove candy bar commercial. What's your favorite way to enjoy chocolate (cookie, candy bar, ice cream, hot cocoa, etc.)?
I'm really not the biggest chocolate fan (really), but I do crave a candy bar occasionally. I usually choose either Carmello, Milky Way, or Twix (which I have stashed away for tomorrow's football watching).
2) It was originally written for the movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's. Where's the best place to eat breakfast in your neighborhood?
Chesapeake House!! :O).....I really missed it this summer!
3) Were you able to see the moon last night?
Didn't see the moon last night.
4) When Andy Williams' show was first telecast in color, viewers commented on how very blue his eyes were. What's the first thing you notice about a person?
I don't think it is necessarily features like eyes, etc., but I notice if they have a friendly, nice way about them. A grouchy or rude person really turns me off. Happy...happy please...:O)
5) The Andy Williams Show gave the Osmond Brothers their first national exposure. When younger sister Marie joined the act, she made her debut on his show, as well. Let's say you have just been bumped up to first-class for a three hour flight. Which Osmond would you prefer as your seatmate, Donny or Marie?
Marie, probably. She seems to like to talk as much as I do!
6) Even though Andy was a millionaire many times over, he was still careful with money, once saying he would never pay more than $50 for a haircut. This leaves Sam shaking her head, because she spares no expense when it comes to her hair. What's something you splurge on?
I never mind spending money on a vacation or eating out.
7) Andy's Moon River Theater still draws tourists to Branson, MO. Have you ever been to the Ozarks?
8) Andy had a discerning eye for Native American art. His collection of Navajo rugs was sold at auction for nearly $1,000,000. Have you ever bid on an auction?
Yes, but I only bought some vintage dishes.
9) Andy told an interviewer that his earliest memory was hiding from a storm in the cellar of his family's Iowa home. What's your earliest memory?
I was born in Williamsburg and lived there until I was almost 4. I have a couple of memories of playing with some kids in the yard. My next earliest memory was the day they brought my new baby sister home from hospital. Not a good day as I remember, I think I even remember saying I wasn't coming into the house until they took her back. She was born on March 14, my 4th birthday was March 20!