Wednesday, May 28, 2014

grilled key lime chicken

Lots of leftover limes from the wedding, so I've been scouting Pinterest for some good recipes. I found a winner today......grilled key lime chicken.

Here's the recipe: 

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp. minced garlic
juice from 2 limes
2 T. olive oil
limes for garnish

1) cut chicken into one inch squares
2) mix together soy sauce, honey, garlic, lime juice, and oil in a small bowl.
3) place chicken in a gallon ziploc bag or plastic container with lid and cover with marinade. Let marinade for at least 30 minutes.

4) slide chicken on skewers; alternate with lime- cut in thin slices. 
5) baste with sauce and grill for 10 minutes, turning once.

Serve over rice. 
I cooked plain white rice, but Peter added a little soy sauce, honey, lime juice, and lime zest. VERY GOOD!!!! 
We'll be having this again....soon



2 comments:

Shanna Watson said...

I LOVE lime! Will def try this. I also came across Zesty Lime Vinaigrette dressing that I marinate chicken tenderloins in and is delicious. I found it in Food Lion, haven't seen it in Walmart yet.

Susan said...

I use Italian Dressing a lot on chicken, but haven't seen that one. I'll be on the lookout. Sounds yummy!

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...