Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pie of the Month: Lemon Meringue

It's Peter's birthday, and in keeping with my family's tradition, there was no cake! Dad made me a Coconut Cream Pie for my birthday in March, and last week, Nathan wanted Lemon Lush for his birthday. I knew exactly what Peter was going to request for his special day.....


Lemon Meringue Pie!!
He doesn't want the usual lemon meringue pie, he likes the one with Eagle Brand and a graham cracker crust like his Nanny used to make for him. It's super easy {and super sweet!!}.
Here's the recipe:

Mix together one can of condensed milk, 1/2 cup lemon juice, and 3 egg yolks. Pour into crust.

Make meringue: beat 3 egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter until foamy. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar and beat until stiff. Spread on top of lemon mixture and bake for 15 minutes @ 350 degrees.

Happy Birthday Peter!!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...