Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful November: Day 16, 17, 18, 19

THANKFUL NOVEMBER: DAY 16*17*18
Peter and I went away for the weekend {that's another post}, so I've gotten a bit behind on posting!
I'm combining days 16, 17, 18, and 19. 
Day 16: I am thankful for technology. Our GPS has made traveling so much easier and stress-free. We drove to Baltimore on Saturday to see Peter's aunt and uncle, we just typed in the address and before we knew it, we were in front of the hospital. Of course, there are many other things that make my life easier, like my computer, cell phone, and my dishwasher, to name a few, that I appreciate and am very thankful for.
Day 17: I am very thankful that we were able to visit Peter's Aunt Stella in the hospital on Saturday, and also spend a few hours with Uncle Louis. It was a sad visit, as she has been very sick and has failed so much. It was hard seeing her that way, but we were thankful for that time with both of them. Uncle Louis goes to the hospital every day and spends all day there with her. He was very glad to see us, and I think it helped him to have his family there with him, if just for a few hours. They don't have any children, and his only brother has health issues and isn't able to help or visit. It is very hard on him, I wish we lived closer by. The doctors had planned to move her back to the nursing home today, but they have decided to keep her a few more days. I won't be surprised if things take a turn for the worse, I'm not sure how much longer she can fight.
Day 18: I am very thankful that I live near my parents and MIL. As they get older, and health problems arise, I'm glad that we will be here for them, whenever they need us.
Day 19: I am thankful for doctors and nurses who take good care of us when we are sick.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...