Saturday, November 26, 2016

Thankful November {Day 23 & 24}

Blessed Thanksgiving Chalkboard Printable

Day 23 & 24 - HANDMADE & MENTOR

I was just talking the other day about how much I miss Dad making things for me. From pieces of furniture to arrows made from old pallets, he was my Norm Abram. I could easily go to the store and buy these things, BUT, I like the original, and I love when Dad made it!! <3 He has, I think, officially hung up his tool belt. This makes me sad for several reasons. :O( I have a new project in mind, a breakfast bar for the kitchen. I don't like the normal, I don't want a carbon copy, I want a Dad original, from my idea (that he looks at me like really??? then draws it out on paper and it's exactly what I want!!). :O)

I think the idea he thought craziest was the coffee table makeover....







It's one of my FAVORITE pieces!!!!


So, I will probably still stick with my handmade ideas, I just need to find a new Norm.....somehow I have a feeling they will never measure up to Dad. <3


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...