Saturday 9: Papa, Don't Preach (1986)
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.
1) Madonna has sold more than 200 million records worldwide. Do you have any of her songs on your iPod/mp3 player/phone? not at the moment
2) When she first arrived in New York in search of fame and fortune, Madonna supported herself by working at Dunkin' Donuts. What did you order last time you were at Dunkin' Donuts? we stopped there after Kamry's pediatician appointment last Wednesday. I got a bacon, egg, cheese & a Coke plus a couple of glazed and chocolate covered donuts for later for me and Lindsey.
3) Madonna and her first husband, Sean Penn, ended their marriage on New Year's Eve, 1988. Sam's New Year's Eves are never that dramatic. What about you? Do you have any vivid New Year's Eve memories you'd like to share? nothing special....we always watch New Year's Rockin Eve and wait for the ball to drop (from our couch!). This past year was our first time not together on NYE since I was 15!!
4) Madonna admits she suffers from brontophobia, aka the fear of storms. Are you scared of thunder and lightening? nope
5) Onstage during the 2015 Coachella fest, Madonna shocked the audience by planting a kiss square on the lips of much-younger rapper Drake. What's something that surprised you recently? nothing seems to surprise me anymore!! ;0)
6) More recently, Madonna was at the center of a controversy because Prince fans didn't like her tribute at the Billboard Music Awards. They made themselves heard on social media. Was your last Facebook post or Tweet positive or negative? don't Facebook and I rarely Tweet, but my last Instagram post was positive (then again, do I ever post anything negative)??
7) One of the things Sam's papa preaches about is car maintenance. He reminds her to check her car's air filter regularly, because a dirty filter can reduce mileage. Share your own car maintenance tip with us. Peter takes care of that stuff - so no, I don't.
8) When she was growing up, Sam's father was often away on business. He always remembered to bring back the complimentary shampoos, conditioners and lotions from the hotels where he stayed. When will you next stay in a hotel (or motel, bed-and-breakfast or Airbnb room)? It will be one night next week for a belated anniversary get-away!!!!
9) To celebrate Father's Day, Sam is giving away her father's favorite candy: LifeSavers. Would you prefer a roll of Wild Cherry, Butter Rum, Winter Green or Peppermint? Butter Rum reminds me of my childhood, but nowadays I prefer Wintergreen.