Monday, June 20, 2016

Hello Fresh Review: Jamie Oliver's Paprika-Spiked Chicken Thighs

I don't know if it was because I couldn't get around to cooking it, or because I just didn't have my mind on it, but I finally cooked the third meal from my last HF shipment while at Lindsey's last Monday. It wasn't my favorite to say the least. I think it had too much going on and bulgur, what is that stuff anyway????? I did the best I could with eating some of it, but it seemed to be growing and there was quite a bit left over! I finally tossed the left-overs on Tuesday, since I was cooking something much yummier for Logan & Lindsey for dinner. :O)


Jamie Oliver's Paprika-Spiked Chicken Thighs w/ Herby Bulgur & Skinny Slaw

3/4 cup bulgur wheat
2 scallions
1 red chili pepper
2 oz. spinach
1/4 oz. parsley
1 lime
2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 carrot
1 granny smith apple
1/2 cup feta cheese





I had been excited to try this one since it was a Jamie Oliver recipe, but it just wasn't a huge hit with me. Again, it was okay, but I really wasn't into cooking this meal. I will definitely be getting more Hello Fresh meals in the future, and as of now, the upcoming recipes from HF look much more appealing to me than the Blue Apron choices. I'm on hold until Peter goes back to work, but I'm looking forward to my next shipment!! :O)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...