Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Happiness Project: Wrap-Up (July-Dec)

The Happiness Project

December 2015

Boot Camp Perfect

HAPPINESS
 
 
MONEY
 
- I [splurged] and bought the camera I've been wanting!! :O)
 
 
 
- I have gotten better [again] about buying needful things
and having stuff on hand.
 
- I am really doing better about using things instead of saving them for "someday".
Preciously Me blog : Don't save things for a special occasion, everyday of your life is a special occasion
 
- For the "giving something up" section of this chapter, mine was to try to lower our grocery bill. This has been hard, since two weeks out of the month, there are three of us here and the other two just me. I buy lots more "junk" while the men are home, and eat out of the pantry/freezer while they are gone. I guess it is evening out, but still don't feel like I have a handle on the budget nor am I very organized! This item will stay on my "New Year's Resolution" list!!
 
 
 
Contemplate the Heavens
 
Chat with Vera: 90 Minutes In Heaven movie about Pastor Don Piper ...http://chatwithvera.blogspot.com/2015/08/90-minutes-in-heaven-don-piper-giveawy.html
 
- [Read memoirs of catastrophe] 
 
We watched 90 Minutes In Heaven a few weeks ago, which gave me a different perspective on those who have near death experiences. I understand how that person, who knows that they are dying or do in fact, "die" for a few minutes and see heaven, finds peace in knowing that they are going to heaven. We, as humans here on earth, don't want to lose that loved one, and know in our minds that heaven is far better than our life here on earth (as much as we love this life here), but our hearts don't want to let that person go.
 
 
- I have been keeping a gratitude list in my devotional notebook. I still don't write something everyday, but I am more aware of all things I am thankful for- big & small.
 
When you focus your attention on what you DO want and on what is already good in your life, you create feelings of hope and possibility. And this moves you forward in positive ways. So starting today no
 
- [imitate a spiritual leader]
 
I'm believing God today instead of what others have to say. When they say no, God says yes.
 
 
 
Pursue A Passion
 
 
 
for me.....blogging!!
<3 <3 <3
 
- I'm trying to make more time for myself.
 
- I'm working on worrying about the end result and trying to enjoy the process.
 
- we were encouraged to master a new technology, so over the next few months....year...I hope to learn more about the technical part of blogging. There is so much I need to learn!
 
 
 Mindfulness
 
 
- Since October, I have been very faithful about devotion time every morning. I had gotten slack with making sure I read/studied every day, and I actually look forward now to that quiet time in the morning.
 
Inspirational Wall Quote Be Still and Know That I am God Vinyl Wall Quote
 
 
- I am trying to be more concious about...
 
Teach your child the true rules of life play, care, love, laugh and give available in 11 x 14 on recycled card stock and earth friendly ink
 
- and I am open to learning something new...
 
Learn how to paint seascapes in your watercolor art with these fabulous painting techniques, using four different kinds of washes.
 
- I am not eating better/less, I am not getting any exercise. I am drinking more water, but still not the recommended amount. More New Year's Resolutions!!! :O(
 
Free food journal.... I love this I just printed it and it looks like it is going to be a big help but it in a picture fame and hang it with a dry erase marker or laminate  it and keep it close by.:
 
 
 
ATTITUDE
 
- laugh often....check!
 
Live Well Laugh Often Love Much T22 Vinyl Lettering Decal Tile Quote via Etsy
 
- be thoughtful of others....check!
 
If I could just hand this out on a business card...Be Nice!!!
 
- I've always been an enthusiastic person, I usually choose positive over negative, and I often live in a Pollyanna world. I still struggle with being critical, but try to catch myself when I feel like I want to give negative feedback.
 
Its time we inspire than critic, if we critic we have to finish with a solution and inspire
 
 
My area of refuge....
 
Home should be an anchor, a port in a storm, a refuge, a happy place in which to dwell, a place where we are loved and where we can love. – Marvin J Ashton
 
(re-reading 2015) The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun... by Gretchen Rubin 
 
Overall, I enjoyed this book. While I didn't agree with everything Gretchen wrote, it made me aware of several things I could be doing to make my life [happier]. I realized there are many things I already do [positive and negative], and it made me more aware that first you must find happiness for yourself before you can make others happy. You can wake up with a negative mindset or you can start your day by saying "Today is a Good Day for a Good Day"!!!
 
 
Here's to a

HAPPY

New Year 2016!!! 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...