The Happiness Project
Boot Camp Perfect
- I [splurged] and bought the camera I've been wanting!! :O)
- I have gotten better [again] about buying needful things
and having stuff on hand.
- I am really doing better about using things instead of saving them for "someday".
- For the "giving something up" section of this chapter, mine was to try to lower our grocery bill. This has been hard, since two weeks out of the month, there are three of us here and the other two just me. I buy lots more "junk" while the men are home, and eat out of the pantry/freezer while they are gone. I guess it is evening out, but still don't feel like I have a handle on the budget nor am I very organized! This item will stay on my "New Year's Resolution" list!!
Contemplate the Heavens
- [Read memoirs of catastrophe]
We watched 90 Minutes In Heaven a few weeks ago, which gave me a different perspective on those who have near death experiences. I understand how that person, who knows that they are dying or do in fact, "die" for a few minutes and see heaven, finds peace in knowing that they are going to heaven. We, as humans here on earth, don't want to lose that loved one, and know in our minds that heaven is far better than our life here on earth (as much as we love this life here), but our hearts don't want to let that person go.
- I have been keeping a gratitude list in my devotional notebook. I still don't write something everyday, but I am more aware of all things I am thankful for- big & small.
- [imitate a spiritual leader]
Pursue A Passion
<3 <3 <3
- I'm trying to make more time for myself.
- I'm working on worrying about the end result and trying to enjoy the process.
- we were encouraged to master a new technology, so over the next few months....year...I hope to learn more about the technical part of blogging. There is so much I need to learn!
- Since October, I have been very faithful about devotion time every morning. I had gotten slack with making sure I read/studied every day, and I actually look forward now to that quiet time in the morning.
- I am trying to be more concious about...
- and I am open to learning something new...
- I am not eating better/less, I am not getting any exercise. I am drinking more water, but still not the recommended amount. More New Year's Resolutions!!! :O(
- laugh often....check!
- be thoughtful of others....check!
- I've always been an enthusiastic person, I usually choose positive over negative, and I often live in a Pollyanna world. I still struggle with being critical, but try to catch myself when I feel like I want to give negative feedback.
My area of refuge....
Overall, I enjoyed this book. While I didn't agree with everything Gretchen wrote, it made me aware of several things I could be doing to make my life [happier]. I realized there are many things I already do [positive and negative], and it made me more aware that first you must find happiness for yourself before you can make others happy. You can wake up with a negative mindset or you can start your day by saying "Today is a Good Day for a Good Day"!!!
Here's to a
New Year 2016!!!
New Year 2016!!!