Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Happiness Project: September 2015

Catching up on....
 
 
The Happiness Project
 
September 2015
 
Pursue A Passion
 
 
 
Part One: Write a Novel
 
 
September's theme was pursuing a passion and making time for it. Happiness research predicts that making time for a passion and treating it as a real priority instead of an "extra" to be fitted in when you have a free moment (which most people don't seem to have these days) will bring a tremendous happiness boost. I totally agree!! :O)
 
 
Gretchen's passion happens to be books and writing, so the first part of this section is  "write a novel". To most people, including me, this just sounds too daunting, but I think you could substitute this for any passion you may have. If you have always wanted to run a marathon, do it! If you have wanted to climb a mountain, do it! If you want to experiment with new recipes or learn more about French cooking, do it!
 
Pursue that thing that you are passionate about, make time for it, learn more about it, enjoy it! My passion is blogging and photography. I absolutely enjoy it and it does make me very happy. I don't always make time for it, and when I can't seem to get around to it, I miss it. My goal this month is to spend more time taking pictures and learning more about photography. I also want to set aside more of my "free" time for blogging now that work is over.
 
 
 
Part Two: Make Time
 
Give yourself permission to do the things you love and enjoy!
 
Key to making time for the gym everyday and many other things in life that will pass you by if you don't seize them.
 
 
It's not selfish to Love yourself, take Care of yourself & to make your Happiness a priority. It's necessary.
 
 
People cannot forget to the things that make them truly happy because if they do, they will be miserable.
 
 
 
Part Three: Forget About Results
 
"One thing that makes a passion enjoyable is that you don't have to worry about the results. You can strive for triumph, or you can putter around, tinker, explore, without worrying about efficiency or outcomes. Other people may wonder why you've been happy to work on that same old car for years, even though it's still not running, but that doesn't matter to you. An atmosphere of growth brings great happiness, but at the same time, happiness sometimes also comes when you are free from the pressure to see much growth."
 
 
 
Part Four: Master a New Technology
 
Just when you think you've figured it out....a newer, faster, better, more efficient (and more complicated) model comes out!! While I can do basic computer stuff, my blogging knowledge is sorely lacking!! I seriously need a course in all the how-to's of blogging. I would LOVE to attend a blogger's convention someday or sit down with an advanced blogger to learn more. While my blog is functional, there is a lot of technical stuff that I just don't understand that would really make it better and easier for me to keep up with blogging.
It's kind of a "learn as you go" thing for me, but I could put more time and effort into mastering the latest "how-to's" of blogging!!
 
Take blogging to the next level with these 10 plugins to make your blog matter
 
My friend created a blog planner and is giving it away for free to help other bloggers become better organized. Check it out! :D
 
 
Keep Calm and Blog On
 
 
 


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...