Saturday, November 14, 2015

Saturday 9: The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia




Saturday 9: The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia (1972)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.



 
1) The lyrics tell us about a young man who stopped at a bar named Webb's before heading home. What's the last restaurant or bar you visited? What did you order?
 
The last restaurant I visited was Texas Roadhouse on Wednesday. I ordered the Dallas filet, flavored rice, & a caesar salad (and we shared a fried pickles app!). Oh....and those rolls!!!! YUM!
 
Texas Roadhouse's Rolls with Honey Cinnamon Butter ~ best recipes

2) In this video, Vicki Lawrence is obviously lip synching. If you had to participate in a competition, would you do better at karaoke or lip synching? And what song would you choose to perform?

I'd probably be better at lip synching, but I would do karaoke. :O) I love music and know all the words to lots of songs (especially from my teen years), so I'd probably pick something from the 70's (I am so old!).

70's Music
 
 

3) Back when this song was popular, so was the Rubik's Cube. Can you solve that 3-D puzzle?

Only a few sides, never the whole cube!

1980s Toys | 80s toys 10 Total toy flashback: 1980s (18 photos)

4) Vicki Lawrence is a hyphenate, meaning she's a comedienne-actress-singer. Using hyphens, describe yourself.

I'm a wife-mom-part-time-b&b manager-semi-empty-nester.

5) Back in the early 1970s, songwriter Bobby Russell first offered this song to Cher, who refused it. Give us the name of a song Cher did record.


I'm a long time Cher fan! I love "If I Could Turn Back Time" and "Believe"...but really love some of her firsts: "Gypsies, Tramps, & Thieves", "I Got You Babe", "Half-Breed"...I have sung these songs MANY times (and I may or may not have been wearing a long black wig while singing in a microphone). :O) :O) I was addicted to the Sonny & Cher show! :O)


Sonny and Cher..I watched their television show from beginning to end and loved the free spirited style they had and Cher still has. I emulated her Boho fashion for years and still do.
 
6) Vicki Lawrence won her first big break playing Carol Burnett's kid sister because of her resemblance to the star. Have you ever been told you look like a celebrity?

Years back, when I wore my hair short (a Princess Di cut), I was told a few times that I resembled Princess Diana. I didn't think so, but took it as the highest of compliments. :O)

This portrait of the Princess of Wales in an emerald green dress photographed by Terence Donovan (June 24, 1987)

7) She also starred on Mama's Family in the role of matriarch of an argumentative Southern clan. As we head into the holiday season, do your plans involve a lot of family time?

Definitely!!! :O)

8) After The Carol Burnett Show and Mama's Family, Vicki became a staple on daytime TV. She hosted Win, Lose or Draw and was a contestant on The Match Game and $25,000 Pyramid. Do you watch much daytime TV?

We dvr Y&R to watch after dinner. Other than that, no daytime tv.


9) Random question provided by a Sat 9er: Bugs/insects. Do you like 'em or fear 'em?


I'm not afraid of bugs. I don't want them crawling on me, but I don't freak out over them like I do snakes.


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...