Thursday, June 11, 2015

first summer getaway....part 4

Since our time on the boardwalk was cut short yesterday, we decided to go back for a few more hours. For lunch today, we wanted pizza. Now, you can get some pretty good pizza in Ocean City, but I hadn't really looked at pizza reviews before coming, so we ended up choosing Tony's.
 
 
I got a slice of pepperoni pizza and Peter got the Italian Cold Cut. Both were good, but not the best we've ever had. The service was very good, and I really wish we had taken advantage of the roof top dining.
 
Side Note: While we were eating, a ceiling tile FELL on the table next to us. Nobody got hurt, but it was a mess and very embarrassng for the staff. I then noticed several water spots on the ceiling which really needed to be replaced. The ceiling tiles that had fallen were soaked and were very heavy. If they had fallen on their heads, they would probably have gotten hurt. They just moved to another table (and ordered a HUGE lunch....on the house I'm sure!). 
 
We'll probably go to the Dough Roller next time we're in the mood for pizza!!
  
The rest of our time was spent on the pier.It's definitely worth the 50 cents they charge to go all the way to the end of the pier. What an awesome view!!
 



 



 
and a little time at the inlet....
 
 

 
.....where we had yet another small world moment! :O)



I took so many pictures with my new camera. I'm still learning, but am getting a few good ones using the auto setting. The beach is such a great place to take pictures.

We stopped at Outback for dinner before going to Lindsey's for the night. Logan was still on the boat, and we hated not getting to see him, but it was good to catch up with Lindsey (and Allie!). :O) They always make us feel welcome and it's nice to spend a little time with them.


Helping me change the sheets....she's a mess!! :O)
 
Our first summer getaway was just what we needed!
Hopefully, it won't be too long before our next one.....
 
Hello Summer!!


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...