Monday, June 22, 2015

VBS 2015 - Day 1



-VBS 2015-
 
Camp Discovery
 
Grades 3 & 4
 
Teacher: Lulabelle
Helpers: Susan, Hallie, & Alyssa
 
Day 1
 
Lesson:
 
God Makes David Bold (Jesus gives me courage.) 1 Samuel 17:1-51

 
Snack:
 
Lulabelle did a big tray of fruit & cheese kabobs, I made s'mores cupcakes. Our theme this year is Camp Discovery, so I have a feeling there will be LOTS of marshmallows and Hershey bars eaten this week.
 
I made chocolate cupcakes w/ marshmallow frosting.

 
Easy Marshmallow Frosting
 
1 stick butter (room temperature)
1 cup confectioners sugar (10x)
1 - 7 oz. jar marshmallow cream
1 tsp. vanilla
 
 
Mix together butter and sugar until creamy. Stir in (by hand) marshmallow and vanilla. Mix well. Put in piping bag (or in my case, a ziploc bag with the end snipped off) and frost. Top with graham crackers crumbs and chocolate.





I also saw a cute idea for the punch...."BUG JUICE"....which I copied. :O)





Craft:
 
We made bird seed feeders!
 



I <3 Pinterest! :O)
 
 
Music Time!
 






 
A good first day of VBS!!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...