Sunday, August 24, 2014

{pineapple ice}

Our summer bucket list is almost complete......we finally made a batch of pineapple ice on Friday and Peter is in heaven. He LOVES anything frozen and icy. He has been known to eat a bag of popsicles or a box of kool-pops in one day! Pineapple Ice is his favorite though, and while he buys lots of Pear's Pineapple Ice all summer, he also asks to make a batch at home. I'm not as big a fan of frozen treats, but I must admit, the pineapple ice was yummy!

I dug out my old recipe books and decided on this one:

1 large can Dole Pineapple Juice
1 can water
1 (20oz.) can crushed pineapple-undrained
1 can water
1 large can orange juice-thawed
1 can water
juice of one lemon
2-3 cups sugar (sweeten to taste)

Mix together well and pour in container. Freeze (stirring every few hours for a better consistency). Yummm!!


Almost done.....just need to take that loonnnggg walk down the beach! 
Today feels like the perfect day for it!! 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...