Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth (I used 3 chicken bouillon cubes + 3 cups hot water)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 red onion - diced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 3 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tomato - diced
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- In large pot, whisk together chicken broth, canned tomatoes, diced onion, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic, cilantro, corn, and beans, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Add raw chicken breasts, cover with lid and cook on medium heat 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Return shredded chicken to pot and simmer until ready to serve.
- I topped with shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips. Also good with guacamole, sour cream and diced tomatoes.
I totally forgot pictures, this one is from Pinterest.