Sunday, August 17, 2014

Homecoming 2014

Homecoming 2014- We had a great weekend!  Lindsey came on Saturday and spent the night. We love having her here!! One of the cons to being married to a tugboater, missing out on special occasions- we were sad that Logan couldn't make it this year, but I'm glad Lindsey is comfortable coming to visit us without him! :0)  It went by wayyyyyy too fast though! Lots of good food, got caught up with friends and family, danced a little, laughed a lot, stayed up late! Lindsey brought the wedding picture discs to look at....amazing!!!! Now, the hard part, how to choose from all those gorgeous photos! I want to get a few canvas prints, and frame some, but I also want to do a really nice coffee table book. That will take some time I'm sure.

While we were having dinner yesterday, we were talking about the first year Lindsey came (2011), can you say HOT??!!! It was in July that year and it was the hottest Homecoming EVER! I had done a post last year (totally forgot it rained the second night),  but we couldn't remember anything about Homecoming 2012! Something I really love about having a blog, I can look back and see what we did. Unfortunately, I had written nothing about Homecoming in 2012. :0( I do know they came, but no pictures, no post, nothing. So much for remembering such a special event!

So, I this year, I am doing a  "highlights of homecoming" post. I think it will be fun to look back and remember! :0)

Here are my top ten highlights/memories (in no particular order) of Homecoming 2014:

- Nathan home for Homecoming, spent many hours helping to set up/ clean up and worked all 3 nights. 50 year anniversary for TVFD so they ran it 3 nights. 

- Chesapeake House closed -----NO breakfast!!!!!! :0( Very weird year!!

- Lindsey coming to stay....Logan @ work, and Julie didn't come this year either.

- weather: (Thursday 8/14) very pleasant, cool, no bugs! (Friday 8/15) a little warmer/ buggy, but more pleasant as the night went on. (Saturday 8/16) more humid and very buggy.

-bathrooms @Homecoming (and not your normal port -a-potty)... it's the little things!

-people watching :0) 

- the music/ dancing...wobble baby....wobble....baby...wobble....baby...wobble...

- the sandy bed story :0) :0) :0) LOLOL

- spotting "Kirk" in the crowd!! (well, it was actually Wanda who spotted him) best laugh of the weekend!

-and the best highlight of Homecoming 2014 ....Peter on the dance floor!!!!! :0) :0)

What a fun weekend!!!! (but I am exhausted!) :0)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...