Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Simple Woman's Day Book: November

November 2013

Outside my window..... It's feelin' very fall-y! Looks like some blustery weather headed our way according to this mornings forecast. Brrrrrr!!!

I am thinking.... that I really need to start making plans for Christmas and also need to start ordering for the re-do {living room/our bedroom}. The carpenter plans to start the Monday after Christmas!

I am thankful....for  my wonderful family!!


In the kitchen....I've been doing a little more freezer cooking this week!! I'll be doing a separate post on this. For today, we are having steaks on the grill.

I am wearing....jeans, a green Aeropostale tee, & my grey slippers.

I am creating....lots of plans for the little re-do project. Peter and I had a chance to look around Lowes and we finally agreed decided on a few things. Wide, flat moulding and board & batten! :O) The board & batten will go all the way to the ceiling in the living room {with the strips farther apart than in this picture}, but will be 3/4 of the way up in the bedroom, and an entire wall of b&b behind the bed. We are still working on ideas for the built-ins for the tv, bookcases., which I'll post about soon.



I am looking forward to....Thanksgiving!!!!


Around the house....getting rid of the blue walls in the den! I'm going DARK! I chose a {greige}color this time. The picture doesn't look like it but, it turned out great....post to follow!


A favorite quote of the day....

chalkboard thanksgiving quote
One of my favorite things....I love lanterns so I just had to buy this one! Only $1.99 @ Kohl's. I'm thinking about painting it bright red to add to my Christmas mantel.


Upcoming plans....Sunday: church & football...Monday & Tuesday: cleaning, organizing, deciding on and ordering curtains, etc., mani appt., then away for Thanksgiving on Wednesday p.m. until Friday a.m.....

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...