Monday, November 25, 2013

design on a dime....

While I loved the bright and airy look of the paint color I chose when redoing the craft room/office/den a few years ago, it never really fit in with the rest of the house. {It also was a very hard color to decorate around at Christmas.} I finally decided to give that room a new look, but wasn't sure what color to go with. Since it only takes less than a quart of paint to paint the room,  I decided to use the (3) FREE coupons for Valspar paint samples at Lowes that Mom gave me.
I ended up buying (1) extra can to make sure I had enough paint, making the total cost of repainting the room= $2.98. Peter thinks I'm ridiculously cheap, but I love getting a bargain! :O) The color choices were limited, but I ended up going with Cathedral Stone and I love it!!!
It's a combination of grey and beige, kinda taupe-y kinda grey....perfect! It covered in one coat, and I even had half of a container left over for future touch-ups. Peter ended up loving it too, and is starting to think that my budget projects aren't that bad after all! Here's an after pic, plus a few before pictures.
after:
***pardon the white summery curtains that I still have hanging, I'm working on buying some new ones!!:O)

Here are a few before pictures:

I loved these curtains, but changed to white curtains last summer.


I ended up painting the cabinet white a few months ago. It looks much better!!!



I love doing little re-do projects and I love doing them even more when I design on a dime!! 
*BTW.....the free Valspar paint samples came from magazines like Better Homes & Gardens. Thanks Mom!!

1 comment:

Shanna Watson said...

Love that color! Pretty, pretty!

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...