Wednesday, November 20, 2013

beef fajitas {freezer meal}

I'm a firm believer in "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". Those were my thoughts when I started reading all about make-ahead, freezer, crock pot cooking. This sounds too easy, there has to be a catch, this food can't be as good as spending hours in the kitchen cooking! Well, I've been proven wrong! Yesterday, we tried the beef fajitas and once again, we've found a winner!!

 


Beef Fajitas

{source: Ring Around The Rosies}

2 lb. beef -cut in strips {I used a pkg. of thin cut beef}
2- 8 oz. diced tomatoes w/ green chilies
1 large onion- sliced
1 green pepper- cut in strips
1 red pepper- cut in strips
2 tsp. cilantro
2 cloves garlic- minced
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. cumin
salt & pepper
1 jalapeno- diced



Yesterday, all I had to do was dump the bag into the crock pot and cook it on low for 5-6 hrs.

Then, I served it on a hot tortilla topped with sour cream, avocado, shredded cheddar cheese, & salsa.
They were delicious!!! :O)

 


 
 

 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...