Friday, November 1, 2013

Freezer Cooking: Review

Yesterday, I served my very first dish from my freezer cooking stockpile. I took out a pan of the Sour Cream Noodle Bake and let it thaw in the fridge all day. I popped it in the oven, made a quick salad and warmed up a box of Texas Toast and had dinner on the table in half an hour!

But the big test- is it any good? It smelled really good while baking and looked delish when I pulled it out of the oven. Nathan invited Kayla to join us and we all four dug in. I was anxious to get everyone's opinion......
{source: Pioneer Woman}

It was sooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!:O) Everyone loved it! They definitely want me to make this recipe again. I only took out one of the 8x8 pans to cook, since I thought it was just going to be the three of us, but there was plenty for all four of us. Directions suggested baking 25 minutes, but I will leave it in a few minutes longer next time, just because it could have been a little hotter. I was afraid it was going to dry out if I kept it in too long, but it was very creamy and moist, and could have stayed in the extra few minutes. Nathan has been at work for the last week, so he didn't know about the freezer cooking until he opened up the freezer and saw all the food. He said,"that's cool"... "now you don't have to cook if you don't feel like it". He thinks freezer cooking is the way to go! :O):O) I do too! :O)

*note: if you aren't a fan of cottage cheese like me, don't worry, you will never know it's in there!!


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...