Monday, February 19, 2018

Rachel Cruze: 14-Day Money Finder


Sign up for Rachel Cruze’s 14-Day Money Finder and you’ll receive daily, practical tips that you can start using right away to find extra…

Ever since the New Year came in, I've been on a budgeting kick! 
I get like this every New Year, you know, new year -fresh start!

I always try to budget and do pretty good at keeping us on one, but I always feel like I could be doing even better. Sometimes, we get busy with work or things going on at home or with the family and we kind of float through the months, not paying attention to little things that creep in, like increases in our Dish bill, etc. 

In January, I pulled out my home binder once again, and started sorting through receipts and bills, and tweaked our current budget a bit. I always write everything in a notebook, with the front page being a monthly calendar log listing all of our bills for the month by date due, then after that, individual pages itemized for each bill, keeping track due dates/amounts paid/which method of payment/etc. This works great for me (us), as I can see everything for the whole month/year at a glance. I like the home binder instead of my notebook, because it files other categories like menu planning/to do lists/home info/etc together in one place. 

I recently started following several [budgeting/money/debt free] accounts on Instagram which led me to Rachel Cruze! I have always loved Dave Ramsey, and even read his "Total Money Makeover" book and applied some of his budgeting tips to our finances, but had never really paid much attention to Rachel's budgeting principles until now.

"Content people don't always have the best of everything, but they make the best of everything." - Rachel Cruze

Her 14-day Money Finder grabbed my attention...it looked simple and didn't take long to do, plus I was anxious to see if I really could "find" some extra money hidden in our budget.

I signed up for her daily emails and over the past 2 weeks have taken her money challenge.

I'll break the 14 days down into three parts, sharing the challenge each day and my results. 

Go check out her website and sign up! 

Also, check out her YouTube videos as well! I haven't read her book yet, but it's on my reading list....



Love Your Life, Not Theirs is an inspiring and challenging book no matter your financial situation. The seven habits she outlines are not only wise but biblical.


coming up.....day 1-5 of the 14-day money finder challenge!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...