Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

2017
new additions.....new traditions.....


A lot has changed since last Thanksgiving, including having another sweet daughter-in-law and a precious new grandson!! Along with these additions, came lots more family!! This year, we took a break from our yearly Thanksgiving tradition of cooking and eating at Mom & Dad's house, and celebrated the holiday at Nathan & Kayla's new home and combined our families together. :O) 

guest list

Nathan
Kayla
Rowen
Liv
Brian
Peyton
Madi
Weston
Rose
Ernie
Me 
Peter
Nan (Donna)
Pop Ern
Gran (Peggy)
Pop (Bruce)
Derek
Mitch
Liz

(wow! the list really grew from the 5 we had last year)

We all divided up the menu, I had the turkey, gravy, corn pudding and pies.
I cooked the turkey yesterday and even though I haven't cooked many turkeys, I've become quite confident......my secret to success....Reynold's Turkey Roasting bags! NO FAIL!! :O) :O)



And the gravy.....again.....easy peasy.....no drippings gravy recipe...
GRAVY
4 cups broth (warm in saucepan)
1 stick butter
1/2 cup flour 
salt & pepper to taste

In a pan, melt butter and add flour. whisk until incorporated. add salt and pepper and slowly add warm broth. Whisk until thickened. I add a drop or two of Gravy Master for a darker color.

CORN PUDDING
3/4 cups sugar
2 T corn starch
2 eggs 
1 can cream style corn 
1 can evaporated milk

Mix sugar and corn starch in mixing bowl, add eggs, mix. Add corn and cream, mix well. Pour into a buttered casserole and dot with butter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr. 

(I doubled it and put in a 13x9 pan)

I made the usual pumpkin & pecan pies.


















Of course, it would have been perfect if Logan, Lindsey, and Kamry cold have been here!! 
They spent Thanksgiving with her family, having dinner at her brother Robbie's house. I always ask for pictures to save on my blog! How can our sweet girl be sooooooo big????? She had a great time hanging out with her cousins, Zach, Clay, and her buddy Kate! 

<3 <3 <3




Image may contain: 1 person, shoes


Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, beard, closeup and indoor



Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, shoes and indoor



Every Thanksgiving I get super nostalgic and I feel like my heart will just burst with love, happiness, and thankfulness for the many, many blessings the Lord has given me!! I am thankful for my new extended family and the laughter and good times we have already shared. 

New additions, new traditions.....what a great year 2017 has been! 

Happy Thanksgiving & Goodnight from our little turkey!!!

<3 <3 <3


No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...