Sunday, November 19, 2017

{family time with 2 under 2}

I was planning to spend a couple of days with Lindsey and Kamry before crew change - just to hang out and catch up, and paint the living room while I was there. I was happy that Kayla and Rowen wanted to come too this time!! We went over on the evening boat on Monday and they spent the first night and went back home the next day. We had the best, best time, just talking and hanging out, playing with the kids play, eating a yummy dinner {Mississippi Roast} that Lindsey had prepared for us! Kamry actually paid attention to Rowen this time and even gave him kisses! Rowen seemed right at home, and slept good in Kamry's crib!



2 under 2 is no joke! :O)


"got my SPARKLE from my Nana"....
[how cute is this shirt her Gammy found for her!]

I love it!!! :O)

Keeping an eye on her little cousin!


I'm usually the early riser so I spent the morning with Rowen!!
Mornings with my grandkids have been one of my favorite things!!



It was so nice getting to spend time with both daughter in laws at the same time! That is very rare, but hoping Kayla and Rowen will join me on my little visits more often (and hoping Lindsey and Kamry will visit us too!) They left around noon to catch the boat home, and as soon as Kamry went down for her nap I started painting the living room. Lindsey is doing a little room makeover, and the paint color is a great place to start! Most of the rooms were a dark tan when they moved in, and little by little they are lightening up the color scheme with shades of grey...this time with Grayish by Sherwin Williams.




After nap time, somebody wanted to help!!


Lindsey ordered pizza for dinner and her Mom came over to keep Kamry busy while we got more painting done. I got up early and finished all but a little section that Lindsey completed that evening. It was crew change day and Peter got there in time to spend a few hours with Kamry too!
She is the sweetest thing and loves having people around! She makes her Nana feel sooooo loved!!! I love my little visits there, I always have the best time and Lindsey always makes us feel so welcome! This visit was extra special since I got to spend time with both grandkids and DILs at the same time! <3 <3 <3

So THANKFUL for little visits.....and family time!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...