Zucchini & Parmesan Quiches w/ Red Leaf Lettuce Salad & Pink Lemon Vinaigrette
2 farm eggs
2 pie crusts
4 cloves garlic
4 oz. spinach
1 head red leaf lettuce
1 pink lemon
3 T. shaved parmesan
2 T. creme fraiche
1) prepare the ingredients: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry the produce. Crack the eggs in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Peel and mince the garlic. Small dice the zucchini. Cut off and discard the root end of the lettuce and separate the leaves. Zest 2 tsp. of the lemon. Quarter and deseed the lemon - cut into quaters. Peel and mince the shallot - 2 T. needed. Place shallot in bowl with juice of all 4 lemon wedges. Set aside.
2) cook and drain the spinach: in a non-stick pan, heat 2 tsp. olive oil. Add spinach, season aith salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally 2-3 minutes. Transfer to strainer and drain. Transfer to cutting board and finely chop. Set aside.
3) cook the zucchini: In same pan, heat 2 tsp. olive oil. Add garlic and zucchini. Cook, stirring frequently, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4) assemble and bake the quiches: Place pie crusts on sheet pan. To the bowl of eggs, add the creme fraiche, lemon zest, and 2 T. water, season with salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth. Stir in zucchini and spinach. Fill both shells evenly, top with half the cheese. Bake 18-20 minutes or until crusts are brown and quiche is set. Remove and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
5) make the vinaigrette: While the quiches bake, season the shallot-lemon juice mixture with salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in 2 T. olive oil until combined.
6) make the salad and serve: Just before serving, in a large bowl, combine lettuce, remaining chhese and salt and pepper. Add enough dressing to coat. Toss to combine. Divide the salad and quiches between two plates. Enjoy!
I had never made quiche before, but had wanted to try. This was an easy and delicious recipe! The salad was a little bland, but went well with the rich quiche. Definitely another win for Blue Apron!