Monday, February 8, 2016

weekend catch-up + calendar update

{winter get-away}

Peter had crew change last Wednesday, but instead of staying off for a night or two then, he picked me up at L &L's and we came home. Allie was a sad pup! Logan had left for work earlier that morning, and now I was leaving too after being there since Monday.



She perked up when Peter stopped by to pick me up.



We went away for the night on Friday, a little shopping/errands, a delicious dinner at Texas Roadhouse and an awesome movie - The Finest Hours.

The Finest Hours (2016) - This tells the true story of the Pendleton rescue mission, where two ships broke in half at sea during one of the most brutal winters New England has ever seen. 

On Saturday, we had a big breakfast at Denny's, then some shopping at Babies R Us!



LOVE shopping in the girls section....<3 <3 <3


{Super Bowl 50}

- Nathan & I picked the Panthers, Peter the Broncos. The game wasn't all that exciting, but I always love watching. (Broncos won 24-10)

- Lady Gaga nailed the National Anthem (and has never looked so good!)

- The commercials were just okay. Not even sure which I liked best this year.

- Although some debate over liking/not liking the half-time show...I really liked it!! :O)

- The food....isn't it always about the food? Nathan never watches the SB with us, but we do a spread anyway. This year, we had wings, jalapeno poppers, spinach dip w/hawaiian bread, and potato salad (Peter's choice). It was yummy!!




{trip planning}

With only 24 days to go, I finally booked our flights last night!!!!!! I am very happy with our travel plans, everything seems to be coming together. I can't believe we fly out 3 weeks from Thursday! :O)

Our Magic Bands came on Saturday - always exciting getting Disney mail , plus you know your trip isn't far away when the bands arrive!!




{calendar}


-FEBRUARY-

6 days - 2/14 Valentine's Day

21 days - 2/29 Leap Year


-MARCH-

24 days - 3/3-3/10 Disney Vacation

38 days - 3/17 St. Patrick's Day

41 days - 3/20 my birthday :O)

48 days - 3/27 Easter
 
 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...