Saturday, August 15, 2015

Saturday 9: Stay With Me

Saturday 9: Stay with Me (2014)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Sam Smith explains that this song is about just not wanting to wake up alone. How about you? Are you comfortable being by yourself?
Funny this should come up now. Peter leaves on Monday to start his new job in which he'll be away for 2 weeks. We've been married 32 years and I can easily count the times I've been here alone. I'm not a scary person, so think I'll be fine.
Funny Cats : 16 Funny Cat Photos with Caption

2) Last year a lawsuit filed by Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne, who maintained that "Stay with Me" was really just "I Won't Back Down." Petty and Lynne won. Have you ever served on a jury?

Never served on a jury, but have been called as a witness (twice!). Not my favorite thing to do!
Get Out Of Jury Duty T-Shirt. I need this for January 14th...I have been summoned, and I will NOT volunteer as tribune!!!

3) Smith performed this on The David Letterman Show. Did you watch Dave's final episode last May? No.

4) Smith says his style was influenced by ladies with "massive voices," including Adele, Amy Winehouse, Chaka Kahn, and Whitney Houston. Of those four, which do you listen to most often?

I was a huge Whitney fan and know most of her songs. I probably listen to more Adele lately though.
Bittersweet memories, that is all I'm taking with me. So, goodbye. Please, don't cry....RIP, Whitney.

5) Speaking of style, Mr. Smith is a smart dressed man who looks comfortable and dapper as he walks the red carpet in a tux. Do you enjoy getting dressed up for special occasions?

I don't do it often, but don't mind when the occasion arises.


6) "Occasions" is a word that makes Crazy Sam stumble because she can never remember how to spell it correctly. Are you a good speller?

Spelling is one of my strengths, although I still use spell check at times, because I hate posting something with incorrect spelling and grammar.

7) Sam Smith was born on May 19, which makes him a Taurus. When did you last check your horoscope?

It's been awhile, but just for fun, I'll go check it now. I'm a Pisces (March 20).
Zodiac Mind - Your #1 source for Zodiac Facts


8) Tauruses are supposed to be reliable, organized and ambitious. Do any of those three adjectives describe you?

Optimistic, happy, & loving.


9) Random question: Look at the floor. Do you see carpet, rug, hard wood or tile?
I'm at the desktop, so carpet.
 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...