Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Happiness Project: July 2015 (part 1)

The Happiness Project

July 2015
 
Buy Some Happiness
 
MONEY
 
Part One: Indulge in a Modest Splurge
 
 
"Money satisfies basic material needs. It's a mean and an end."
 
So the argument goes.....Money can't buy happiness....or can it?
 
I think that people with more money can be happier than those with less. Financial troubles and not being to able to make ends meet can certainly cause stress, which in turn, can make you unhappy. Having enough money to pay your bills and even having excess enough for a vacation or extras most definitely makes most people happier. But, there can be instances where even having money won't make some people happy.
 
Money alone can't buy happiness. Can money help buy happiness? Yes, used wisely it can.
When money or health is a problem, you think of little else; when it's not a problem, you don't think much about it.
 
Part one of this chapter focuses on indulging in a modest splurge. For me, it was buying a good camera. I kept putting it off, debating on whether I should splurge on one since I already had a decent camera. But, taking pictures is something I really love doing and want to learn more about. I guess a camera isn't really considered a "modest" splurge, but it really does make me happy! :O)
 
 
 
Gretchen focused on indulging in several areas. For me, they could be:
(1) for health & energy - buying new walking shoes
(2) for relationships: going to lunch with a friend or taking a vacation with Peter.
(3) for work: buying new post-its or pretty pencils
(it's amazing how happy pretty post-its make me!) LOL
 
 Dear God... All I ask is one chance to prove to you that winning the lottery won't make me a bad person... :D  haha

 
 
 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...