Thursday, July 30, 2015

thoughtful thursday {W}

-W-
 
 
Something I like: weekend getaways
 
 
July 2014
 
Something I don't: (big) waterslides
 
 
Virginia is for Lovers - Words like "tallest, fastest, biggest and craziest" are often used to describe rides found at Virginia’s theme parks and water parks. Which coaster, ride or slide is your favorite? .
 
 
Place(s) I've been & Want to go (back to):
 
Washington, DC
 
Washington DC -    You can get discounts on traveling to D.C. at www.whitehouse.cm , thanks.
 
 
I've been to Washington a few times, one of them being my Senior Trip (32 years ago!).
I would love to take a mini-vacation there with Peter sometime. We did the Bears vs. Redskins game a couple of years ago, but would love tour all the historical sites of D.C. again.
 
 
Williamsburg, VA
 
Chowning's Tavern
 
I was born in Williamsburg and lived there until I was 4. My Dad attended William & Mary, and worked at Chowning's Tavern. I would love to go back and look for the homes we lived in and visit Chowning's Tavern (if it's still there?). I've been back to Williamsburg a few times over the years to do the Pottery and Water Country,etc., but would love to go back to do more sightseeing.
 
 
Food I love: watermelon
 
 
Cold slice of watermelon on a hot day
 
 
 
Movie I've seen: When A Man Loves A Woman
 
 
When a Man Loves a Woman (1994) Poster

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...