Saturday, July 20, 2013

summer get-away {4}

It was soooo hot at the tournament, so by the time we parked, we headed straight for something cold to drink. We bought some shaved ice and found a nice bench in the shade facing the beach.

This is one of the best things I've eaten all summer!!
We people watched for awhile and had the best laugh as we watched this lady "try" to fly a kite. I had put {-fly a kite} on our Summer List and Peter hasn't been too excited about the idea. LOL This lady was running back and forth trying to get the kite in the air, and Peter kept saying she was doing it all wrong. I told him he should offer to help her. LOL We sat a little longer and then I spotted a man standing off to the side with his arms folded, just watching this lady go back and forth. I joked that it was probably her husband/boyfriend and she probably had "fly a kite" on their Summer List. :O) The man finally gave in and tried to help. Peter said that watching this couple fly a kite was as close as we were going to come to kite flying this summer, so I snapped a picture and we've since marked that item off the list! :O) LOL


I saw this new ride {or at least I hadn't seen or ridden it before} and I was soooo tempted to ride it, but doing rides alone is no fun at all. I will definitely give it try next time...it looks so fun!


It was almost sunset, so we headed for the pier.

I thought this picture turned out pretty cool! :O)


What a crowd!!


It doesn't get much better than this!! :O)

What an awesome day!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...