Sunday, July 3, 2011

Life Is Good...

Relax & Surf SundayIn 1989, Bert and John Jacobs designed their first tee shirt. They knew nothing about the business. For five years, the brothers hawked tee shirts in the streets of Boston and traveled the East Coast, selling door-to-door in college dormitories. They collected some good stories, but were not very prosperous. They lived on peanut butter and jelly, slept in their van, and showered when they could. Chicks were not impressed.
By the Fall of 1994, heading home from a long, less-than-fruitful roadtrip, Bert and John were desperately searching for answers to keep the dream alive. Little did they know, the only answer they needed was back in Boston, hanging up on their apartment wall.
Jake's contagious grin, simple as it was, seemed to express everything the Jacobs brothers believed in.
One fateful September day, they printed up 48 Jake shirts for a local street fair in Cambridge, Massachusetts. They laid the shirts out on their rickety card table. By noontime, all 48 of those tees were gone. A star was born. Soon Jake was introduced to local retailers, and his simple message of optimism was embraced like nothing the brothers had ever seen. As demand for product soared, Jake's team grew, and the Little Brand That Could began to spread across America. Today, the New England based brand stays close to its roots, with an emphasis on simplicity, humor and humility. Through Life is good Festivals, positive products, and a steady dose of ping pong, Jake's crew does its best to keep the good vibes flowing.

I {heart} this company! So far, I only have two of the t-shirts, but I've been looking over the website and found lots of cute stuff that I've put on my wish list.
I bought my first tee in OC, MD @ The Kite Loft shop (I got it in aqua). Mom gave me this one for Christmas (in Hot Fuchsia). Hello Sunshine!
I really like the back pack, it would be perfect for traveling! This one would be nice for the 4th of July!!!


Do what you like, Like what you do............what a great motto! :O)

1 comment:

Misadventures in Motherhood said...

I SOOOO agree with you!! I've always loved the "Life is Good" stuff -- such a simple message that can make such a difference in your outlook! I wish the price was as good as the message though -- I don't own any of the tees yet, simply because I can't bring myself to pay almost $30 for a tee shirt! But I always smile when I see someone wearing one.

I'm stopping by your blog from the hop! It's nice to meet you! Have a wonderful 4th of July!

Smiles,
Jenn
www.misadventuresinmotherhood

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...