Monday, May 9, 2016

Blue Apron Review: Grains of Paradise-Crusted Steak

This was my third of three meals from my most rececnt Blue Apron shipment. It was definitely out of the box for me, as I have never cooked or eaten plantain before. It looks like an oversized banana, but tasted more like a sweet potato. I had never used grains of paradise either, but I really loved the flavor it added to the ribeye steak (which was a perfect cut of meat for this recipe).

Recipe: HERE



Grains of Paradise-Crusted Steak
w/ Mashed Plantain, Collard Greens & Ginger Peanuts

1 ribeye steak
1 black plantain
1 lime
1/2 bunch collard greens
1 bunch parsley
2 T. peanuts
1 T. butter
1-inch piece of ginger
1 tsp. grains of paradise








Makes: 2 servings / Calories: about 800 per serving (the most yet!)
Prep Time: 15 mins. / Cook Time: 20-30 mins.

This dish was delicious!! The combination of flavors were wonderful! The steak was perfect and was well seasoned with the grains of paradise, but not overpowering. I am a huge sweet potato fan, so I really enjoyed the plantain. The ginger peanuts were a nice touch to this recipe. YUM!!!

I can hardly wait to get my next BA box! I have paused shipments until Peter goes back to work the end of the month. I also have a discount that I can use for a future HF shipment (thanks to Wanda for signing up!), so I may give them another try soon too!

I highly recommend both of these meal services. I am spending less on groceries when trying to cook for one, plus, I am eating much better (and enjoying the cooking as well!).

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...