Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Blue Apron Review: Meatball Ragout

 
To solve my dilemma of cooking for one, I decided to add some variety (and motivation) to my kitchen by signing up for Blue Apron meal service. You can join with no commitment - you can skip a week whenever you want and you can also cancel at anytime. An average serving costs just under $10, and you can get as few as 3 meals (6 servings) a week. There are also discounts that you can use on your first shipmemt. I had a "two free meals" link, so I got $20 off my first order.
 
Today my first box arrived! It was delivered on time via FedEx. You can choose your delivery day and I picked Tuesday. I will cook three days, the second serving of each meal will be left-overs. If I do this twice while Peter is away at work two weeks, I'll have enough meals for all but two days of his tour. I won't feel so guilty now about eating pizza on a couple of days!
 
 
The box came well sealed and was packed nicely. Everything arrived in perfect condition, and the perishable items were kept refrigerated with a cold pack on the bottom and top, inside an insulated bag.
 
 
 
All of the ingredients are well packaged and very fresh.
 
 
 
 
In my first shipment, I chose a hamburger dish, a chicken dish, and a salmon dish, each coming with an easy-to-follow recipe card. I plan to save my cards in my menu binder so I can make these recipes again later. There was also a card with more info about some of the ingredients. I also like the tutorials on the Blue Apron website, which I had looked at before my box arrived.
 
 
Today, I made the Meatball Ragout w/ Swiss Chard - instructions HERE.
 
 
 

 
Each recipe comes with a bag of "knick knacks" - spices and other little extras you will need for each recipe.
 
The only thing you need from your own kitchen is olive oil, salt, and pepper!
 


 
 
 
 
 


DELISH!!!

Makes: *2 servings / Calories: about 550 per serving
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 30-40 minutes

*This meal actually would have been enough for (3) servings with maybe a side salad.



Can't wait to make tomorrow's meal!! :O)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...