Wednesday, October 28, 2015

[bathroom update]

So, I loved the Sea Salt paint so much in the laundry room, I decided to give the bathroom a fresh coat too.
Sea Salt "This pale gray-blue is soft and soothing. It's kind of like sea glass where it can look blue or green -- and it works with both. And it's great with neutrals or cream. I've used it in a beach house, a traditional home, a sorority house -- so it has a lot of flexibility." -- Janie Hirsch, Atlanta designer BEDROOM
 
 
curtains: target
 
 
I had trouble finding things to hang in the bathroom. I resisted doing a coastal theme (although, it would look great with the paint color). I found this pallet sign at Hobby Lobby, which I love!
 
This picture shows the truest color of the paint. <3
 
 
light bar, towel bar, curtain rods, hardware and faucets are all brushed nickel
 
 
shower curtain: JCPenney
 
 
I love the ruffles!!
 
 
The framed burlap came from Walmart. I bought a small monogram and painted it grey to put in the frame.
 
 
Our tiny linen closet holds a lot as long as it stays organized. I stack rolled towels and keep rolled wash cloths handy in a basket so they take up much less space. I keep my make up in a drawer organizer, and the two bins on top shelf hold extra toiletries.
 
 
I resisted the urge to paint the sink base and cabinet dark grey. The cabinet is only a few years old, but the sink base is the original (24 years!). New hardware and a coat of paint perked it right up!
 
This picture is a few years old, but here's a before....
 

wall color: Spiced Vinegar (a yellow-y tan)
 
and after....
 
 
....much better! :O)
 

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...