Sunday, August 30, 2015

Chincoteague Visit [day three]

Day three: We headed out early this morning to take in the Farmer's Market.





I really love these!


so true! :O)


This lot was previously the site where a school used to be....the first school my Dad taught at after graduating from college. So, I was, at one time, a Chincoteager! :O)

We didn't get to spend much time at the beach as planned, but at least we got to stop for there for a few minutes.





More packing, then we met Julie and Derek for lunch. I was excited about trying the Hawaiian Chicken Salad that Mom raved about from Sugarbakers, but unfortunately, we got there and it was closed! :O(

Plan B....


I got the Chunky Chicken Salad Croissant -
Chicken breast with red bell pepper, celery, red onion, roasted garlic, a mix of select spices, romaine lettuce, tomato & a little mayonnaise on a croissant.

We had a picnic at the pavilion...

....by now, I think everyone was over the picture taking ;O)




Soon, it was time to load up the cars and head home. I had a wonderful time staying with Mom and Dad at the rental and it was so nice to relax and spend time with my family. Julie works [a lot] but she made time for me and showed me all around. It is rare for us to get to "hang out", so I treasure those few days I got to spend with her. Chincoteague is such a beautiful town and the perfect spot for a little get-away!

2 comments:

Shanna Watson said...

Love Seastar...the southwest turkey wrap is my fav!

Susan said...

Sounds good!!

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...