Sunday, August 30, 2015

Chincoteague Visit [day one]



Day 1: On Monday after work, I packed up my bags and beach chair and headed to Chincoteague for a little get-away. I wanted to visit before the summer ended and Mom and Dad would be coming back home. They picked me up and we met Julie for dinner. I had several places I wanted to fit into my short two-day visit, and we ended up choosing Don's Seafood for my first meal. The flounder sandwich came highly recommended, so that's what I ordered. It was delicious!
 
 

 
 

After dinner, they drove me all around the island and we stopped at Island Creamery for dessert before calling it a night.
 

 
Cake Batter please....
 
 
 
 
The line got even longer after we ordered.

2 comments:

Shanna Watson said...

You certainly picked some great places to eat while on Chincoteague! Don's has the best single fried oysters, too! And who can compete with the Island Creamery?!? They are not only a wonderful establishment but they do so much for the schools and community as well.

Susan said...

There was just not enough time to try everything, but we did pretty good fitting in some good eats!! That ice cream was huge! (But I managed to eat it all). What a great place to visit!

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...