Friday, April 10, 2015

5 on friday: in the kitchen

 
FFF blue



{one}
 
 
Our microwave died! We like this one to go over the stove, but we aren't sure if it will fit. We are planning to do a cabinet make-over sometime this year, but are hoping to make it work now! We may have to do something like this.....
Microwave Over Stove/cabinets/backsplash/counter
source: Pinterest
...raise the cabinet over the stove to accomodate distance between microwave and stove. We also want to add crown moulding to our cabinets. I really like this look.
 
{two}
 
 
While in the appliance section and discussing the future cabinet re-do project, we looked at countertop options.....we both LOVED this one!! :O) We plan to have the cabinets painted white and get new hardware.
 
{three}
 
kitchen breakfast bar.....nice looking and simple.
source: Pinterest
 
I want to get rid of my island and have a breakfast bar built. I like a board & batten look like this one.
 
{four}
 
I found this pitcher at Marshall's and knew it belonged in our kitchen. Now, to weed out some yellow and add a little more {persimmon/orange/terra cotta/tangerine???). What color is this anyway?
 
 
{five}
Stain Longaberger Baskets: Minwax Dark Walnut and foam brush.
source: Pinterest
 
Do you know how many Longaberger baskets I have? TOO MANY! I try to use them: storage inside my cabinets and still have a few displayed, but I don't really love them anymore. I don't like the honey color and would love a darker stain. I saw this idea on Pinterest and can't wait to re-do mine! I'm starting with my 4 canister baskets that I keep on the kitchen counter. I bought dark walnut stain for the baskets and will paint the lids grey. Can't wait to see how they turn out. Pictures coming soon!




No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...