Friday, May 2, 2014

book club: week #2




Book Club Day
week #2.....

Chapters 5-8

Questions:

4) Have you ever made a list of qualities you want in a future spouse? What things did you include that ended up not being as important as you originally thought?
I'm sure I did, but that was sooooo long ago, and I was sooooo young. One thing I always thought was a great quality for a man to have: that he would love to cook! Peter never showed any interest at all in being in the kitchen until a couple of years ago. I love having him in the kitchen, trying new recipes, or cooking dinner on the grill. Men do not realize how much this helps and how much more fun it is when you have "help" in the kitchen!  I make sure to tell him all the time how much I love that....<3 
I always encouraged our boys to cook and I am so happy that they both have a love for cooking! I think this is a great quality for any man to have. :0)

5) What are some things in your life that you feel like you are waiting on right now? Do you agree that we're all waiting on something, no matter where we are in life?
I am waiting for things to feel "normal" again! 
This past year has been the biggest change in our lives since we started our family 26 years ago. Our boys are grown up now. Nathan graduated from high school last year, and went right into the work force. He still lives at home, but is away at work 2 weeks out of the month. Technically, we are semi empty-nesters. This has been so "weird", but we are slowly getting used to it (and actually somewhat enjoying it). 
Then, another huge life change, Logan is getting married! We are very happy for him and the best part for us, is that a sweet daughter (in-law) will become part of our family. And then of course, I am excited about the thought of having grandchildren some day. :0) From what I hear, being a grandparent is pretty awesome! 
Also, I know that Nathan will eventually move out and move on to the next stage in his life. 
I guess I'm not so much waiting as I am anticipating. I'm excited to see what the future holds for Logan and Lindsey, for Nathan, and of course, for Peter and I. 
Maybe things will never be "normal" again...at least the old normal. :0) I hope I can get used to and enjoy each new phase in our lives, but more importantly
......Enjoy the now!

6) In chapter 4, Melanie mentions a list of celebrities she's be friends with if they ever met. Do you have a list?
My list includes celebrity cooks: I could totally be friends with Ina Garten,  Red Drummond, or Trisha Yearwood. :0)

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...