Monday, March 17, 2014

Something Sweet: Bread Pudding


I made this delicious bread pudding yesterday. Here is my recipe.....

10 slices bread
1 cup sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
1-1/2 cups milk
4 eggs
1T. vanilla
dash of salt
nutmeg
4-5 T. butter

*Caramel Sauce & Whipped Cream

Butter an 8x8 baking dish. Break bread into small pieces and put into dish. In a mixer bowl, mix together sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Pour over bread. Sprinkle with nutmeg and top with pats of butter. Bake @350 degrees for 45 minutes. When serving, drizzle with caramel sauce and top with whipped cream.
Of course, you can make your own caramel sauce, but why bother, this stuff is soooo yummy!

1 comment:

Ashley Eskridge said...

And now I want bread pudding. LOL

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...